Take a Trip Down Candy Cane Lane with Our Peppermint Ice Cream Cookie Sandwiches
Prep Time | 1.5 Hours
Servings: Makes 10 Cookies
Wine Varietal: Cabernet Sauvignon
When the bakers in the North Pole catch wind of this Peppermint Cookie Ice Cream Sandwich recipe, paired with our Sutter Home Cabernet, don’t be surprised if you get an early visit from you-know-who. Nothing makes for a more jolly holly-day than a delectable ice cream cookie and Sutter Home Wine pairing.
Made with candy cane pieces, sweet vanilla ice cream, and chocolate chip cookies, this holiday treat is a gift unto itself. Enhance the experience by pairing with our Sutter Home Cabernet Sauvignon. This wine’s full-bodied, dark fruit flavors and hints of toasty vanilla goodness are just too good to resist with our snowy sandwich recipe.
When it comes to this festive dessert, there’s no denying that Happiness is Homemade—especially during the holidays. Want to warm everyone’s hearts and tummies with more homemade goodness? Here’s your chance to win a Premium Stand Mixer so you can create amazing desserts and dishes during the holidays and beyond.
Click here to submit your entry: Sutter Home Baking Sweepstakes
Peppermint Cookie Ice Cream Sandwich Ingredients:
- 1-gallon vanilla bean ice cream
- 20 small chocolate chip cookies
- 1 large candy cane, crushed
Peppermint Cookie Ice Cream Sandwich Directions:
- Using a small spoon, scoop about 2 tablespoons of ice cream onto the bottom surface of a chocolate chip cookie. Top with another chocolate chip cookie, then place on a parchment-lined large dish or baking tray. Working fast, repeat process until you’ve prepared 10 cookie and ice cream sandwiches, then place in freezer for a minimum of 1 hour, or until ice cream has stiffened.
- Meanwhile, place crushed candy cane pieces in a shallow bowl.
- Once cookie sandwiches have chilled, roll their sides in crushed candy cane, coating each cookie’s ice cream. Repeat until all cookies are coated and place back in freezer until ready to serve.
Looking for more holiday-ready cookie inspiration? Try our recipe for this giftable Cookie in a Jar.