The Side Dish That’s Twice as Nice And Delicious Too: Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes
Prep Time | 30 MInutes
Servings: 4 Servings
Wine Varietal: Cabernet Sauvignon
Since sweet potatoes, fall, and Thanksgiving go together like turkey, stuffing, and gravy, we thought we’d share a savory riff on the traditional fare with this recipe for Twice Baked sweet potatoes. Heartwarming, satisfying, and comforting, this side dish stands out from the crowd with festive flavors the whole family will love. Serve it on Thanksgiving Day — or any day, really, and watch the smiles spread around the table.
Every holiday dining experience deserves a delicious wine pairing, and our Sutter Home Cabernet Sauvignon does not disappoint! This bold and rich wine pairs nicely with family, good friends, and great conversation. Rich aromas, full-bodied dark fruit flavors and hints of toasty vanilla goodness balance the recipe’s natural sweetness.
Whether you bring these Twice Baked sweet potatoes to Thanksgiving, a potluck or a weeknight dinner, we can’t guarantee there will be any leftovers, but we can assure you everyone will leave happy, satisfied and smiling.
Want to spread more joy around your Thanksgiving table? Add this cocktail recipe for Sutter Home Harvest Punch to your holiday repertoire.
Twice-Baked Sweet Potato with Chili Honey Pecan Crumble Ingredients:
- 4 large sweet potatoes
- 5 tablespoons light brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ stick butter
- Salt and pepper
Twice-Baked Sweet Potato with Chili Honey Pecan Crumble Directions:
- Set oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease baking sheet with cooking oil.
- Using a fork, poke a few holes into potatoes. Wrap in foil and bake for 60-70 mins or until soft inside.
- Slice potatoes lengthwise and scrape out the insides into the food processor, being careful not to tear the shell. Leave a small rim of potato intact for support.
- In the food processer mix together potato flesh, cinnamon, brown sugar, butter, salt and pepper to taste until smooth.
- Pipe mixture evenly back into the potato shells and bake for another 10 mins.
- Removing potatoes from oven. Let cool and drizzle with chili honey pecan crumble.
Chili Honey Pecan Crumble Ingredients:
- ½ cup Honey
- 1 red chili pepper chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup chopped pecans
Chili Honey Pecan Crumble Directions:
- In a saucepan, combine all ingredients except the pecans and bring to a simmer over low heat.
- Remove from heat and mix in pecans.