Our Curry Lentil Soup Recipe And Sutter Home Chardonnay is Perfect for Sharing
Prep Time | 30 Minutes
Servings: 4 Servings
Wine Varietal: Chardonnay
This classic lentil soup recipe is not only hearty, it’s also heartfelt. Pair with Sutter Home Chardonnay and experience what could easily pass for a big warm hug on a winter’s day.
Curry Lentil Soup Ingredients:
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced white onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. ginger, minced
- 1 small serrano pepper (seeds removed, minced)
- 2 cups thinly sliced carrots
- 1 healthy pinch sea salt
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup uncooked golden lentils
- 2 Tbsp. coconut aminos
- 1 Tbsp. curry powder
For Serving (optional)
- Fresh limes
- Fresh cilantro
- Coconut cream
Curry Lentil Soup Instructions:
- Heat a large rimmed skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add oil and onion. Sauté for 3 minutes, stirring frequently until softened and slightly browned.
- Add garlic, ginger, and serrano pepper and sauté for another 2-3 minutes. Then add carrots and salt. Cook for 1-2 minutes more, stirring occasionally.
- Add vegetable broth and coconut milk and increase heat to medium high. Bring to a low boil. Then add lentils and stir. Bring mixture to a low boil then reduce heat to low and gently simmer.
- Stir in coconut aminos and curry powder. Simmer the soup uncovered, stirring occasionally for 12-16 minutes or until the carrots and lentils are tender or to your desired thickness.
- Add salt or coconut aminos for saltiness or more curry powder for desired flavor.
- Divide between serving bowls and garnish with fresh cilantro, limes and/or a dollop of fresh coconut cream. Store cooled leftovers in the refrigerator up to 5 days or in the freezer up to 1 month. Reheat on the stovetop until hot, adding more vegetable broth to thin as needed.