Our Turkey Chili and Sutter Home Pinot Noir Serves Up Warm Smiles
Prep Time | 30 Minutes
Servings: 4-6 Servings
Wine Varietal: Pinot Noir
This hearty chili is deliciously satisfying and the best of both worlds. Great for lunch or dinner.
Sutter Home White Bean Turkey Chili Ingredients:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 can of green peppers or 1 large jalapeño pepper (seeded and chopped)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 (15-oz.) cans of Cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 small rotisserie turkey, deboned and shredded (approximately 4 cups)
- 1 cup whole corn kernels, plus more as a garnish
- 4 cups unsalted chicken stock
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 ripe avocado, cut into small pieces
- 1 jalapeno, sliced
- 4 tablespoons of sour cream
Sutter Home White Bean Turkey Chili Instructions:
- Heat oil in a heavy-bottom pot (with a lid) on medium-high heat. Add in the onion, ground cumin, ground coriander, and chili powder. Cook, stirring frequently until onion is translucent—4-6 minutes.
- Stir in the green peppers.
- Add in the white beans, shredded turkey, corn, chicken stock, salt, and pepper. Give it a stir.
- Put the lid on and bring it to a boil. Then, turn the heat down to medium and let it simmer for 15-20 minutes or until it is slightly thickened.
- When ready to serve, divide it amongst 4 bowls and garnish with cubed avocado and sliced jalapeños if preferred.