Our Crescent Roll Carrot & Sausage App + Sutter Home Cabernet Will Have Your Home Team Hopping!
Prep Time | 40 Minutes
Servings: 8 Servings
Wine Varietal: Cabernet Sauvignon
Deciding what kinds of homemade meals and sides to whip up isn’t always as easy as it sounds. There are so many choices. So, we recommend letting the season, wine pairing, or the occasion help you decide. This Easter app is a perfect example of all that.
Stuffed Crescent Roll Carrots with Sausage Ingredients:
- 8 (12×4-inch) sheets of foil
- 1 can (8 oz) refrigerated crescent rolls or 1 can (8 oz) refrigerated crescent dough sheet
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1 lb. sausage, browned and drained
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh chives, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 16 small sprigs fresh parsley
Stuffed Crescent Roll Carrots with Sausage Instructions:
- Heat oven to 400°F. Roll sheets of foil from shorter ends into cone-shaped molds. Unroll dough on work surface; if using crescent rolls, press seams to seal. Use pizza cutter or knife to cut dough lengthwise into 8 (1-inch) strips.
- Wrap 1 strip around each foil mold to create carrot shape. Place 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 7 to 9 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer to cooling rack; cool completely before removing foil molds.
- In medium bowl, combine sausage, cream cheese, parsley, chives and salt (to taste). Pipe or spoon cream cheese mixture into cavity of each crescent. Top with 2 sprigs parsley for carrot top.