Cheers to the Arrival of Autumn and Mulled Wine Made With Sutter Home Pinot Noir
Prep Time | 15 minutes to 3 hours
Servings: 4 Servings
Wine Varietal: Pinot Noir
The end of summer means the beginning of fall and there’s no better way to welcome it than with this delicious recipe for homemade mulled wine — made with our Pinot Noir and its delicious blend of berry flavors and violet aromas. You will fall in love.
Sutter Home Mulled Wine Ingredients:
- 1 bottle of Sutter Home Pinot Noir
- 1 orange, sliced into rounds with skin on
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- 8 whole cloves
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 4 star anise
- 2-4 tablespoons maple syrup to taste (or use your desired sweetener)
- 1/4 cup brandy
Sutter Home Mulled Wine Directions:
- Add wine, orange slices, pomegranate seeds, cloves, cinnamon, star anise, maple syrup, and brandy to a large saucepan. Stir briefly to combine.
- Cook the mulled wine on medium-high heat until it just barely reaches a simmer. (Avoid letting it bubble — you don’t want to boil off the alcohol.) Reduce heat to low, cover, and let the wine simmer for at least 15 minutes or up to 3 hours.
- Give the mulled wine a taste. Add additional maple syrup if needed.
- Serve warm.