Celebrate Cinco de Mayo with a Colorful, Flavorful & Festive Burrito Bowl
Prep Time | 30 Minutes
Servings: 2 Servings
Wine Varietal: Rosé
This Cinco de Mayo, make your taste buds do a happy dance with our festive Burrito Bowl recipe paired with Sutter Home Rosé.
We’re celebrating the best way we know how by bringing you our fresh, colorful and festive recipe from our Sutter Home Kitchen Series and pairing it with our refreshing and colorful Sutter Home Rosé. The best thing about this tasty bowl? You can load it up with any ingredient you want. From spicy fajita veggies and savory chicken to toppings like avocado and sour cream, you can customize your own Burrito Bowl for a celebration you and your guests won’t soon forget.
To keep the party going, we recommend serving with our Sutter Home Rosé. Fresh strawberry notes and a crisp, refreshing finish complement the spicy, flavorful taste of this Burrito Bowl recipe.
Enjoy an experience that’s as memorable as it is delicious with our Burrito Bowl recipe and Sutter Home Wine.
Looking for more ways to celebrate? Try our Cinco de Mayo Moscato Margarita: Fiesta in a Glass: The Cinco de Mayo Moscato Margarita
Burrito Bowl Ingredients:
- 1 Can Yellow Corn
- ½ Red Onion, chopped
- 2 Vine-Ripe Tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 Fresh Jalapeno, chopped
- 1 Lime, cut into wedges
- 1 Avocado, sliced
- 1 Can Black Beans
- ½ cup Fresh Cilantro, chopped
- 1 Box Mexican Rice, Chicken Flavor, cooked (follow directions on package)
- 4 Leaves Butter Lettuce
- 2 Chicken Breast, grilled and sliced
- 1/2 Cup Sour Cream
Burrito Bowl Directions:
- In two bowls, divide the rice and layer 2 pieces of lettuce on top of each. In sections, place the corn and black beans on top of the lettuce.
- Next, divide the chicken in half and place them over the greens in its own section
- Squeeze 2 lime wedges over avocado and place over the greens.
- Then sprinkle or section with red onion, diced tomatoes, and jalapenos.
- Garnish with extra lime wedges and chopped cilantro.
- Top each bowl with a dollop of sour cream.
- Serve and enjoy!