Cool Off With This New Recipe for Sutter Home Pinot Grigio Watermelon Gazpacho
Prep Time | 10 Minutes; 2-3 Hours to Chill
Servings: 2-3 Servings
Wine Varietal: Pinot Grigio
Tags: recipe, summer, pinot grigio, soup, gazpacho
Let’s hear it for the soup! The heat of summer typically has us leaving our soup bowls empty all season long, but we’re filling our bowls back up again with this delightfully chilly Sutter Home Pinot Grigio Watermelon Gazpacho. It brings you the taste of a cool and refreshing summer breeze with its blend of sweet, seasonal watermelon and our crisp, light, and peachy Pinot Grigio. It immediately transforms any hot summer day into a daydream.
Step right up and get it while it’s cold.
We’ve never been so cool.
For another bright and refreshing recipe, check this out: You Know Spring Has Arrived with Our Peach Cucumber Salad with Edible Spring Flowers.
Sutter Home Pinot Grigio Watermelon Gazpacho Ingredients:
- 8 cups watermelon, cubed
- 1 medium cucumber
- 1 medium tomato
- 2 medium shallots
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves
- ¼ cup Sutter Home Pinot Grigio
- ¼ teaspoon salt and freshly ground black pepper
- A few dashes hot sauce
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
Sutter Home Pinot Grigio Watermelon Gazpacho Directions:
- Chop the watermelon into rough cubes.
- Place it in a blender and blend. Pour into a bowl and set aside.
- Remove cucumber peel, cut in half, remove the seeds, then roughly chop into a few smaller pieces. Roughly chop the tomato into quarters. Cut off the ends of the two shallots and peel, cut into quarters.
- Place ¼ cup Sutter Home Pinot Grigio, cucumber, tomato, shallots, and ¼ cup fresh basil leaves into the blender. Blend until smooth. Pour the mixture into the container with the watermelon mixture and mix until fully combined.
- Stir in ¼ teaspoon salt and pepper, and a few dashes of hot sauce. Place in the refrigerator and chill for about 2-3 hours, until cold.
- Garnish with feta cheese, remaining watermelon, and mint leaves.