We’re Adding Splashes of Color to Our Backyards with These DIY Hanging Flower Vases
Sometimes, it’s the smallest touches that take our breath away. The flickering of a candle that adds a touch of romance to any meal. The twinkling of fairy lights that brings a little magic. And our simple hanging mason jars filled with bright, sunny flowers that will add a burst of joy to your décor. You can up your decorating game without spending a bunch of money or time.
Weddings. Garden Parties. Backyard barbeques. This DIY project is as easy as it is versatile. Pair it with Sutter Home Rosé for an unforgettable floral experience. Beautiful to look at, delicious to taste.
While you’re crafting, take a peek at this DIY project: Make Peachy DIY Wine Tasting Notes Potpourri While Sipping on Sutter Home Moscato Sangria.
What You’ll Need to Make Hanging Mason Jar Flower Vases:
- Coiled wire
- Wire cutters
- Garden twine, wire, or other medium for hanging jars
- Scrap paper, or drop cloth for protecting work surface
- Flowers of your choice
Directions to Make Hanging Mason Jar Flower Vases:
- Wrap wire around the top of the mason jar, creating two loops at opposite ends. This will support the hanging twine.
- Once you have the wire wrapped securely, you can simply twist the loop with your fingers to tighten the wire ring around the mouth of the jar.
- Cut enough twine so your jars will hang at the length you want them, then double it over on itself to make it stronger. Attach twine to loops around the rim of the mason jar.
- Fill jars about a third of the way up with water before adding flowers to avoid spills.
- For a simple arrangement, remove the green leaves from the stems, and snip to your desired length.