Homemade Fruit Stamp Tea Towels & Sutter Home Sangria: A Perfect Pair to Share Your Flair
Tags: fruit stamp tea towels, tea towels, sangria, homemade, citrus fruit, paint brushes
When fruit becomes a paintbrush, everyone’s an artist. Celebrate your creative side with the best of friends and host your own “Sutter Home Wine and Design Party” at home and make these homemade customized Fruit Stamp Tea Towels.
What you’ll need:
- Citrus fruit (lemon, lime, grapefruit, etc.)
- Multi-surface paint or fabric paint
- Flour Sack Tea Towels
- Wax or Parchment Paper
- Scrap Paper
- Cut your fruit in half. Dab the cut sides on a paper towel to remove excess juice.
- Place a piece of wax or parchment paper in the middle of your tea towel to keep the paint from leaking through.
- Follow the instructions on your bottle of fabric paint and pour it on a paper plate.
- Dip your fruit into the paint. Dab it on scrap paper to remove the excess paint.
- Press the fruit onto the tea towel, just like a regular stamp. You want to press firmly enough to get an impression. Be careful not to juice the fruit while pressing.
- Allow the paint to dry completely.
- Once all of your fruit stamps are dry, use heat to set it. Do this by placing a cloth over the design and ironing it on a high setting (no steam). Do this for about 30 seconds.