This Rocking Recipe for Gluten-Free Vegan Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies Paired with Sutter Home Chardonnay is Music to The Mouth
Prep Time | 1 Hour
Servings: 36 Cookies
Wine Varietal: Chardonnay
Singer-Songwriters Maggie McClure and Shane Henry don’t just create hit songs together they create hit recipes, too. According to Shane, both he and Maggie came to know each other through music, “without music, this never would have happened.” 12 years later, countless shows and wedding bells, the couple has traveled across the country, swapping Los Angeles for Oklahoma on a regular basis as they look to take their music career to the next level together.
“When we’re on stage, we look at each other and we know where the other one is going musically. I realize a lot of other people don’t get to experience that kind of connection.” Henry loves when his wife belts out powerful notes in songs full of lyrics straight from the soul.
Their melodic Gluten-Free & Vegan Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Holiday Cookies are good for your soul too. They’ll surely lift your holiday spirits because their ridiculously delicious and delectably good for you. Fresh-out-of-the-oven, they make a great duet with our Chardonnay’s rich and creamy fruity flair and its notes of pear, apple, and peach.
We like to think that Maggie and Shane’s homemade Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies and Sutter Home Chardonnay create perfect holiday harmonies together, just like when Maggie and Shane sing and perform together. If you missed them performing their very merry holiday hit song, “Christmastime Again” in our Vibe & Vine studio in Napa Valley you can watch it right here: Vibe & Vine: Maggie McClure & Shane Henry – “Christmastime Again”.
To learn more about Maggie and Shane’s music, where to pick up their Christmas Album and when they’ll be touring your neck of the woods, check out https://www.maggiemcclure.com/ and www.shanehenry.com
Holidays, cookies and wine never sounded so good.
Cookie Recipe Ingredients:
- 1 cup organic virgin coconut oil (not melted/liquid but expeller pressed)
- 1 cup organic brown sugar
- 1 cup organic cane sugar
- 2 flax eggs (1 flax egg = 3 tbs water + 1 tbs ground organic flax meal)
- 1 tsp organic, gluten-free vanilla
- 1.5 cups gluten-free all-purpose baking flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan salt
- 3 cups organic gluten-free oatmeal
- 1.5 – 2 cups chocolate chips
Cookie Recipe Directions:
- Set oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix sugars and coconut oil together. Add flax eggs and vanilla, mix. Mix in flour, salt and baking soda.
- Mix in the oatmeal.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Make 3 sheets of 12 cookies each, cooked one sheet at a time.
- Depending on your oven and cookie size each batch should take about 10-12 minutes.
- The key is to take them out before they look totally done.
- ENJOY! (Add a scoop of almond/coconut milk vanilla ice cream on top for an extra delicious dessert!)