The Pleasures of Fall Are Abundant with Our Sutter Home Cabernet Sauvignon and our Hearty Harvest Recipe
Prep Time | 1 Hour
Servings: 5-6 Servings
Wine Varietal: Cabernet Sauvignon
This in-a-pinch “one pot meal” is rich with so many fall flavors and colors. All the ingredients pair so well with one another and it cooks up so easily, you will be pinching yourself. Sure, this gathering of deliciousness may look like potluck, but this fresh harvest of delight is well-thought-out and fun to whip up and dish out.
Bring on the Sutter Home Cabernet Sauvignon, and you’ll have a feast for your family, friends, and anyone who else who shows up unexpectedly. If by chance you enjoy playing host to a tailgate get-together in your living room, backyard, or in the parking lot on game day, this cornucopia of amazingness all scores winning smiles.
Hearty Fall Harvest One Pot Meal Ingredients:
- 6 small carrots, trimmed
- 2 small red onions, peeled
- 1 lb. small potatoes
- 1/2 lb. brussels sprouts
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chopped rosemary
- 4-5 mild sausages (your choice of flavor)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
Hearty Fall Harvest One Pot Meal Instructions:
- Preheat over to 400F.
- Line your largest rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper (for easy clean-up).
- Prepare the vegetables. Slice the carrots in half lengthwise and cut the onions into quarters.
- Cut the potatoes in half or quarters so that they are about as big a grape.
- Trim the ends off of the Brussels sprouts and slice in half if they are very large.
- Toss the vegetables on the sheet pan and drizzle with olive oil and rosemary.
- Use your hands or tongs to toss everything together until well coated in the oil.
- Spread the vegetables in a single layer and tuck the sausages in and around the veg.
- Sprinkle everything with salt and pepper.
- Place the pan in the oven and roast for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and use the tongs to flip the sausages.
- Give the vegetables a stir and make sure they are spread out in a single layer.
- Place the whole lemon in the corner of the pan and return the pan to the oven.
- Roast for another 10-15 minutes until the potatoes are tender.
- Remove from oven.
- Sprinkle everything with flaky salt and serve at once with Sutter Home Cabernet Sauvignon and a side of grainy mustard.