Sutter Home Cabernet and Asparagus Roulade — Take Me Home
Prep Time | 35 Minutes
Servings: 2 Servings
Wine Varietal: Cabernet Sauvignon
Making an entrance with Asparagus Roulade paired with our Cabernet lets everyone feel at home.
Recipe for Asparagus Roulade Ingredients:
- 1 bunch asparagus, washed, ends trimmed
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 3 ounces brie, cut into squares
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes
Honey-Thyme Butter Ingredients:
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 3 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves, some for garnish
Recipe for Asparagus Roulade Instructions:
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Grease baking sheet.
- Toss together the asparagus, olive oil, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes.
- Roll the pastry sheets out on a floured surface and cut into 8 squares. Divide brie then place and align in a row in the center of each puff pastry. Then add a handful of asparagus.
- Brush the edges of each pastry with egg. Take 2 corners of the pastry and wrap up and over the asparagus to enclose. Transfer to the prepared baking sheet. Then bake approximately. 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, melt together the honey, butter, and thyme in a small saucepan over low heat.
- Serve the pastries warm, drizzle with honey-thyme butter and top with remaining fresh thyme.
- Enjoy with Sutter Home Cabernet Sauvignon!