Score a Win for The Home Team: Sutter Home Sweet Riesling & Taco Footballs
Wine Varietal: Sutter Home Sweet Riesling
No one will be able to pass up this matchup. Our Sutter Home Sweet Riesling paired with homemade Taco Footballs takes game day and national taco day to a whole other crowd-pleasing level. Don’t be surprised if your friends signal you for a time-out — a taco time-out!
Football Taco Recipe
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 pack of taco seasoning (your choice)
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 tomato, diced
- 2 scallions, freshly chopped
- 2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1 (12-count) box of mini flour tortilla boats
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Add beef to a skillet and bring to medium-high heat. Sauté until meat is browned. Drain any liquid and oil released during cooking, then add taco seasoning and follow directions on package.
3. While meat is simmering, add tortilla boats to oven, following directions on package. Deflate any large air pockets that may form on the tortilla boats.
4. Fill taco boats with a little lettuce and cheese, then ground beef. Sprinkle tomatoes and scallions on top, then pipe sour cream laces over the meat. Serve immediately.