Fiesta Faves: Tostones (Fried Plantains)
Wine Varietal: Tropical Pineapple Fruit Infusions
We’re throwing a fiesta this September in honor of Hispanic Heritage Month and frying up some Tostones – The perfect partner to Sutter Home Tropical Pineapple Fruit Infusions!
- 5 tablespoons oil for frying
- 1 green plantain
- 3 cups cold water
- salt to taste
- Peel the plantain and cut it into 1-inch chunks.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet.
- Place the plantains in the oil and fry on both sides, approximately 3 1/2 minutes per side.
- Remove the plantains from the pan and flatten the plantains by placing a plate over the fried plantains and pressing down.
- Return them to the hot oil and fry 1 minute on each side.
- Salt to taste and serve immediately.