Make Father’s Day Extra Sweet with BBQ Wings & Sutter Home Sweet Red
Prep Time | 30 Minutes
Servings: 4-6 Servings
Wine Varietal: Sweet Red Wine
Treat dad to one sweet and savory Father’s Day this year by sitting him down in his most comfortable chair, bringing him a big glass of our bold-and-flavorful Sutter Home Sweet Red Wine and serving him a wing fest with his favorite sauces.
Dads do so much for their families — they fill our days with endless fun, making life sillier, happier, and all the more sweet. That’s why they deserve an extra-special day overflowing with tasty wings and Sutter Home Sweet Red. Lip-smacking, savory, and nicely spiced, these wings will surely win him over, especially when you serve them with sauces like Classic BBQ, Pineapple Teriyaki, or Bourbon Buffalo.
With all that savory, spicy goodness, he’ll need to wash it down with something sweet. Our inviting Sweet Red delivers dad a taste of sun-ripened cherries and juicy peaches that pair with the wings and promise to make his day a memorable one.
With his wine in one hand and his wings in another, Dad will definitely feel like a king — even if it’s just for a day.
Looking for more ways to treat Dad? Cook up some fun this father’s day with wine & grilled food pairings: Cook Up Some Fun This Father’s Day with Wine & Grill Food Pairings
BBQ Wings Recipe Ingredients:
- 3 lbs. chicken wings
- 12 oz. (for marinade) and 1 cup (for sauce) dark, flavorful craft stout or porter”
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups BBQ sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons hot sauce, such as Sriracha (optional)
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1/2 cup scallions, thinly sliced
BBQ Wings Recipe Directions:
- Rinse chicken under cold running water and blot with paper towels to dry. You can leave wings whole. If you’d prefer bar-style wings, use a sharp knife to remove the tips off the wings and discard.
- Then, cut again through the joint.
- Marinate wings in beer in a non-reactive (stainless steel, ceramic or glass) container in the refrigerator for at least 5 hours as long as overnight.
- Pre-heat broiler.
- Drain the wings and blot with paper towels to dry.
- Combine olive oil, spices and salt in a large bowl, add wings and toss to combine.
- Arrange wings in a single layer on a drying rack on top of a baking sheet.
- Broil on high heat for 20 minutes, turning halfway through.
- Flip again and broil for additional five minutes.
- While wings are broiling: In a saucepan over medium heat, reduce 1 cup of beer to 1/4 cup.
- Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, whisk together beer, BBQ sauce, honey, hot sauce, and lime juice.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Toss wings to coat. Top with scallions.
- Serve with lots of paper towels and Sutter Home Sweet Red. Enjoy.