Feed the Family in a Pinch with Our Quick-and-Easy Recipe For Cheesy Tortellini
Prep Time | 30 Minutes
Servings: 4 Servings
Wine Varietal: Cabernet Sauvignon
You’ll turn those gray skies blue when you hug your family and friends with this Homemade Ricotta Tortellini Recipe.
If you think making tortellini sounds time-intensive, think again! In under 30-minutes you can create our homemade recipe. It’s tortellini made easy—and ready to eat in a pinch.
Simply pick up a few fresh sheets of pasta, cut it accordingly, and stuff with a delicious dollop of cheesy ricotta filling. Last but not least, we recommend topping these little morsels with made-from-scratch Aglio E Olio sauce. Yum!
Want to take this time-saving recipe to the next level? Serve Sutter Home Cabernet Sauvignon alongside this dish for even more mouthwatering flavor. This full-bodied wine features dark fruit flavors and hints of toasty vanilla, making it a perfect complement to all of your favorite pasta dishes.
Come winter time, we’re sure that you’ll agree—there is no such thing as too much comfort food.
Pasta lovers, you may also enjoy our recipe for Bacon Mac and Cheese: A fall favorite. Mac and Cheese That Really Brings Home the Bacon.
Easy Homemade Cheese Tortellini Recipe
- Use one pack of wonton wrappers in place of homemade or fresh pre-made pasta sheets. Equally delicious and a real-time saver.
- 3/4 cup ricotta cheese, well drained
- 6 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme, chopped
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 small paint brush
- In a mixing bowl, thoroughly combine ricotta cheese, cream cheese, and thyme, then salt and pepper to taste.
- Chill in the refrigerator a few minutes to firm up the filling.
- Place a teaspoon of the mixture on top of a single wonton wrapper. With a small brush, dip into egg and paint around the edges of wonton wrapper. Fold into a triangle.
- Then, paint the two bottom corners of triangle with egg. Next, join bottom two corners to form tortellini shape.
- Boil tortellini for approximately 3 minutes. Remove tortellini and drain pot.
- In same pot, add olive oil and sauté garlic. Then add tortellini and swirl, do this gently as wonton noodles are not as sturdy as traditional pasta.
- Serve with Sutter Home Cabernet Sauvignon and enjoy!