Tiramisu in a Jar
Now, no matter how much family, friends and neighbors eat during any get together, or how often we hear them mumble the words, “oh I couldn’t eat another bite,” we all know what happens when the time has come to bring out your homemade, irresistible desserts. To show you their appreciation, without a blink every guest is lovin’ every bite.
This scrumptious dessert from Cyd Converse is for Tiramisu in a Jar.
TIRAMISU IN A JAR
- 24 lady fingers
- 1 cup espresso
- 4 tablespoons coffee liqueur
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups mascarpone cheese
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons dark rum
- Dark chocolate bar for shaving
For the Espresso Mixture –
- Combine espresso and coffee liqueur in a small mixing bowl and whisk to combine.
For the Whipped Cream –
- Combine heavy cream, half the vanilla and half the sugar in a mixing bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer.
- Whip on high for 2 – 3 minutes until stiff peaks form.
For the Mascarpone Cream –
- In a mixing bowl, combine mascarpone cheese, rum, half the vanilla extract and half of the sugar until combined.
- Do not over mix.
- Fold half of the whipped cream into the mascarpone cheese mixture until just combined.
- Chill until ready to assemble.
To Assemble –
- Layer one lady finger in the bottom of a jelly jar. You may need to break it in half.
- Drizzle a bit of the espresso mixture over top.
- Layer with a dollop of mascarpone cream.
- Repeat with a second layer of each ingredient.
- Top with whipped cream and garnish with dark chocolate shavings.
- Chill for at least 1 hour and keep refrigerated until serving.