Take on the New Year with Sutter Home’s Homemade Inspiration Jar
Every new beginning brings with it a vast number of possibilities. We celebrate the New Year because, as a fresh new page of paper begs to be written on, a new year begs to be explored for all the opportunities and fresh starts it can offer. Yet, it can be difficult for us to break out of the routines of our lives to take on any challenges that may arise. That’s what makes this Homemade Inspiration Jar the best gift you can give yourself, or someone you love, this year.
Filled to the brim with inspirational, motivational, and heartfelt sayings, this gift, paired with a bottle of Sutter Home wine, will help everyone you love to grab all that life has to give.
You can add in your favorite quotes, list the recipient’s greatest qualities, come up with your own unique phrases, or be inspired by our suggestions below.
- “You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, smarter than you think, and loved more than you know.” –A.A. Milne
- “I’m not telling you it’s going to be easy. I’m telling you it’s going to be worth it.” –Art Williams
- You are not defined by your mistakes
- Every day brings with it the chance to start fresh.
- Be yourself, bravely
- “She remembered who she was and the game changed” –Lalah Deliah
- “Still, I rise.” –Maya Angelou
- Believe in yourself and you will be unstoppable.
- “It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop.” –Confucius
- Do what makes your heart sing
- I believe in you
Encourage your loved ones to achieve all that they dream of by giving them the gift of 365 days of inspiration.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- A jar or container
- Corks to fill the jar
- Drill and 1/4” or 3/8” drill bit
- Paper – scraps or cut-up (ours are about 2” tall by 3” wide)
- Marker or pen
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Write your inspirational messages on the cut-up pieces or scraps of paper
- Drill a hole in the top of the corks that is long enough for the rolled-up paper to stick out a little from the top (makes it easier to pull out)
- Roll message and place in the hole in the cork
- Add corks to the jar until it is filled
- As an added personal touch, decorate the jar or container in any way you wish.
Still in the mood to craft? Check out this project: DIY Cork Picture Holders