This Strawberry-Apple-Cranberry Pie & Cornucopia Cobbler Cocktail is Heavenly for the Holidays!
As we slip into November, we enter the month of gratitude. It’s a time when the weather gets colder, and our homes grow warmer as they are filled with love, good food, great wine, and thankfulness. We at Sutter Home want to show our appreciation for all of you by sharing one of our favorite easy to make dessert and wine pairings—Strawberry-Apple-Cranberry Pie and our Sutter Home wine Cocktail Cornucopia Cobbler.
This holiday season, we are spending less time in the kitchen and more time at the table with our loved ones thanks to these easy, yet delicious, recipes.
Recipe for Strawberry, Apple and Cranberry Pie
- Pre-made pie crust
- 5 cups of chopped apples
- 2 cups strawberries
- 2 cups of cranberries
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1/3 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup flour
- 3/4 tbsp quick cooking tapioca
- 2 tsp butter for dotting
- 1 egg white mixed with 1 tbsp of water
- Extra sugar for sprinkling
How to Strawberry, Apple and Cranberry Pie
- When it is an inch or so larger than your pie pan, fold the dough over the top of the pin and lay it in the pie pan carefully.
- Combine the apples, strawberries, cranberries, sugar, salt, flour, and tapioca in a big bowl and gently mix all together.
- Spoon the filling into the pie plate and dot with little pieces of butter.
- To make a lattice, once the dough is rolled out, cut strips of dough and then weave them into a lattice on top.
- Brush crust with some egg white wash and sprinkle evenly and lightly with 1-2 teaspoons of sugar.
- Place pie in refrigerator to chill while oven is preheating to 425° F.
- Bake at 425° F on the middle rack for 20 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°F and bake for 25 minutes more or until done.
- Let cool before serving. Enjoy!
Nothing shouts, “the holidays are here,” quite like a scrumptious cobbler. But why restrict that deliciousness to just your plate? We’re mixing up this classic recipe with Sutter Home for a delightfully unique cocktail that you’ll sip all season long. Fill your glass here:
- 3 oz. Sutter Home Pinot Noir
- 1 oz. orange juice
- 1 oz. pineapple juice
- 8-10 fresh cranberries
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- In the bottom of a tall collins glass, muddle the cranberries and sugar. (No muddler? In a bowl, use a spoon to crush the cranberries with the sugar, then transfer to the glass.)
- Add all other ingredients and ice.
- Pour back and forth from glass to a mixing glass 3 times to combine.
- Garnish with a spear of three cranberries.
Don’t forget to add a sprinkle of love to give these recipes a special kick.
Here’s another favorite fall treat of ours: https://sutterhome.com/our-rosemary-acorn-squash-recipe-is-the-perfect-way-to-start-your-fall-2/