Warm Up with Sutter Home’s Hearty Chili and Red Blend for Dinner Tonight
Wine Varietal: Red Blend
We put the heart in hearty chili. There’s nothing quite like a warm, hearty bowl of homemade chili paired with our relaxing, rich Sutter Home Red Blend of juicy fruit flavors, vanilla aromas, and hints of spicy oak — to take the chilly out of you and make you feel like you’re cozied up by the fire with all your loved ones.
You’ll want to savor every mouthwatering spoonful as each bite helps melt away the coldness that’s brewing outside. You’ll warm the hearts of all you hold dear when they gather around the table to share a bottle of Sutter Home and our Hearty Chili. Eat, drink, and be hearty!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large white onion, diced
- 1 medium-size red onion, diced
- 1 poblano or bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 red or green jalapeño pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 large potato, peeled and chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons chipotle powder
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (12-oz.) can whole peeled tomatoes
- 1 (12-oz.) can corn, drained
- 1 (12-oz.) can chickpeas, drained
- 1 (12-oz.) can kidney beans, drained
- 1 pack frozen spinach, drained
- 3 cups chicken broth
How to Make It
- Melt butter with oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat.
- Add white onion and next 7 ingredients; sauté 8 minutes or until translucent.
- Add garlic and cook 30 seconds.
- Stir in remaining ingredients and cook until liquid is reduced by half.
- Add chicken and broth; bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 30-45 minutes until thickened to your liking.
- Serve with desired toppings.
Try out this amazing dessert once you’re all filled up on chili: Tiramisu In A Jar