Private: ‘Ono’ Wailua Sliders; Locally Sourced Somoan Crab Cakes With Fresh Hawaiian Fruit Chutney Served On Hawaiian Sweet Bread
October 19, 2018 | POSTED BY Micah Pignolet, Waialua, Hawaii FOR SUTTER HOME
Servings: 12 Small Burgers/Sliders
Wine Varietal: Sauvignon Blanc
A fresh ‘Meli Kalima’ Pineapple, Haden Mango, and Lilikoi Juice chutney served over a buttery pan fried Samoan Crab Cake Patty. It is served on a Hawaiian Sweet Bread Roll; lightly toasted. Paired with refreshing Sutter Home Sauvignon Blanc.
- 1 large egg
- ⅓ Cup Crushed Buttery crackers
- ⅓ Cup of mayo
- 1 lb. of Samoan crab meat
- 4 Stalks of Green Onion (chopped)
- ½ Cup of green bell pepper (diced)
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 Teaspoons of lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire
- ½ teaspoon of any hot sauce
- 12 Hawaiian Sweet bread rolls
- ¼ Cup of cubed haden mango (overripe)
- ¼ Cup of meli kalima pineapple
- ⅛ pomelo kernels
- ¼ Cup of lilikoi juice
- 1 teaspoon of cornstarch
- 1 Cup of Julianne purple cabbage (For Garnish)
- Mix mayo, egg, 3 stalks of green onion (chopped), garlic powder, Worcestershire, hot sauce, cayenne pepper, lemon juice, bell peppers.
- Mix the crackers with the crabmeat and combine with the mayo mixture. Put in fridge for 1hr.
- Heat a large skillet with olive oil and cook 12 patties until medium rare. Serve in roll with chutney on it.
- Simmer mango, pineapple and pomelo juice in a small pan. When boiling pour cornstarch in to the mixture.
- Top with a tablespoon of purple cabbage.