Help Cheer On Your Team with Our Super Sutter Home Wine Punch Bowl
Wine Varietal: Chardonnay
There’s lots to love about game time: the excitement of wondering who will win or lose, laughing at the outrageous commercials, and, of course, those unforgettable tailgating feasts—no matter if they take place outside the stadium or in the comfort of your own home. Yet, even with all of these things to look forward to, it’s really the time spent with the ones we love that make super Sunday, well, super.
This year we thought we’d help bring your team together with something from our own Sutter Home play book. Check out this Super Sutter Home Wine Punch Bowl with a floating fresh-fruit ice ring. Our Chardonnay, with its crisp apple flavors, will complement the fruity sweetness of the ice ring, making a drink worthy of champions. No matter how the game turns out, you’ll feel like celebrating a win with this MVP (Most Valuable Punch).
- Red Apples
- Cinnamon Sticks
- Bundt Pan (sized to your punch bowl)
- Water (for clearer ice, boil water first, then let cool)
- Fill the pan with water, then add whatever you want. Don’t go light on the ingredients, either – pack them down in the bundt pan and let them stick out of the water. The more ingredients you have, the better it looks when it’s frozen!
- When the ice ring is frozen, run some warm water over the bundt pan and then it should come out very easily.
Punch Recipe: Apple Cider Chardonnay Punch
- 1 bottle Sutter Home Chardonnay
- 4 cups apple cider
- 4 cans sparkling water/club soda
- 1 large apple
- 1 lemon
- 1 cup water
- In a large pitcher, mix 1 bottle of Sutter Home Chardonnay and apple cider.
- Chill until ready to serve. To serve, add ice to glass. Fill glasses 2/3 of the way with cocktail and top the remaining 1/3 with soda water.
- Be careful not to over stir once club soda/soda water is added, as cocktail will flatten.
- Slice apple and soak in lemon juice and water mixture to prevent fruit from browning.
- To garnish, add cinnamon stick and slice of apple to cocktail, serve, and enjoy!
Get your game on.
Click the link for more game day ideas: Mini Cheeseburger Skewers