Add Some Color to Your Plate with Sutter Home’s Greens of Goodness Avocado Sandwich
Wine Varietal: Chardonnay
Meet the ever-so-incredible Greens of Goodness Avocado Sandwich. Every bite welcomes you with awesome avocado, Greek yogurt, mozzarella cheese, cucumber, and Bibb lettuce, not to mention fresh and hearty grain bread along with other flavor-rich, body-rich ingredients.
The most amazing thing about this sandwich is not that it’s so darn good for you, but that it’s so light and delicious. In fact, nothing quite stacks up to the great taste of this homemade Greens of Goodness Avocado Sandwich.
Pair with the fruity sweet flavors of Sutter Home Chardonnay and you’ll have quite the delightful duo that make for a great midday get together.
- ¼ cup finely chopped chives
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup tarragon
- ¼ cup whole-milk Greek yogurt
- 1 lemon, halved
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- Kosher salt, freshly ground pepper
- ½ head of butter or Bibb lettuce (about 2 ounces), large leaves torn
- 1/2 cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- 4 slices grainy bread
- 2 cups sprouts (such as broccoli sprouts or alfalfa)
- For Dressing, Place chives, mayonnaise, tarragon, and yogurt in a blender. Add zest and juice of 1 lemon half, then add 2 Tbsp. oil; season with salt and pepper. Purée until smooth.
- Squeeze juice from remaining lemon half over lettuce and cucumbers in a medium bowl. Drizzle with oil; season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Divide and smash avocado between 2 slices of bread; season with salt and pepper. Arrange lettuce and cucumbers over. Top with sprouts. Spread remaining 2 slices of bread with ¼ cup dressing and close and half sandwiches.
Finish up your mid-day meal with this amazing dessert: Mini Pineapple Upside Down Cakes