Any Way You Slice It, We’re Sweet on Grilled Berry Pizza and Sutter Home Rosé
Prep Time | 20-30 Minutes
Servings: 4-6 Servings
Wine Varietal: Rose
The taste of summer is sweet as pie — pizza pie, that is. Fresh-picked berries and sweet cream cheese frosting come together in this seasonal recipe for Grilled Berry Pizza, a delicious and delectable way to kick off summer. Light and bright, this shareable dessert tastes as crisp and garden-fresh as it looks — not to mention it’s just in time for grilling season.
Any way you slice it, this pizza pairs perfectly with our new Sutter Home Rosé for an absolutely fruity beauty of a brunch. With flavors of fresh strawberries and a crisp, refreshing finish, this light-and-sweet wine effortlessly complements our very berry recipe.
Serve as a breakfast dish or after-dinner dessert for a fresh, sweet, and satisfying treat the whole family can enjoy.
Can’t get enough of the sweet taste of strawberries? Whip up this recipe for Balsamic-Roasted Strawberry Shortcake.
Sutter Home Grilled Berry Pizza Ingredients:
- Flatbread or pizza crust of your choice, approximately 8 inches
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar, plus more for garnish
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Zest of 1 lemon
- A pinch of kosher salt
- 2 cups whole-milk ricotta
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 16 ounces fresh strawberries, washed, hulled, and quartered
- 8 ounces fresh blueberries, washed
- 4 ounces fresh raspberries, washed
Sutter Home Grilled Berry Pizza Directions:
- Place the cream cheese, sugar, vanilla, lemon zest, and salt in a bowl. Mix on medium-high speed until smooth. Add the ricotta and cream, and whip until fluffy.
- Slide the dough onto the grill and cook for 3-5 minutes on medium heat, or until browned on the bottom. Flip the dough over and cook the other side for an additional 2-3 minutes (or bake on a baking sheet at 450 F for 8-10 minutes).
- Spread the cheese mixture over the warm flatbread. Top with fresh berries, and dust with powdered sugar.