Sutter Home’s Homemade Chocolate Crackle Cookies Bring Everyone to the Kitchen
Prep Time | 45 min
Servings: 35 cookies
Wine Varietal: Chardonnay
Happiness is homemade in so many ways when you’re baking up cookies like these—not only from the warm and pleasing aroma that fills the house, but also because nothing brings your family closer than sweet treats you’ve made together. Sure, all those hands in the kitchen may make it take a little longer and leave a bigger mess, but it also creates memories of togetherness you will cherish for years to come. After all, the best part of anything homemade is the joy and love that goes into making it.
When you pair your tasty cookies with the fruity flair of pear, apple, and peach notes in our Sutter Home Chardonnay, you can expect lots of smiling eyes and raised glasses from everyone.
This recipe helps us realize just how easy it is to enjoy the taste of the good life every day and that baking always brings the family together.
Chocolate Crackle Cookies
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened processed cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 2 large eggs, beaten lightly
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar, plus additional for dusting hands and tops after baking
- In a bowl stir together flour, granulated sugar, cocoa, baking powder, salt, and blend in butter. Stir in egg and vanilla until mixture is blended.
- Spread dough in a thin layer in bowl and freeze 10 minutes, or until firm.
- Preheat oven to 400 F and lightly grease two baking sheets.
- Put four tablespoons confectioners’ sugar in a small bowl and dust hands with additional. Roll each piece of dough into a ball (small – gumball size) and then in confectioners’ sugar in bowl. Arrange balls two inches apart on baking sheets, bake 8 to 10 minutes, or until cookies are set. Cool cookies on racks, then serve!
Here’s another recipe your family may enjoy: Mac & Cheese Stuffed Jalapeño Poppers