Our Sutter Home Sangria DIY “Icebox Melons” Pack a Big Punch
It’s no surprise that “National Watermelon Day” falls lip smack in the middle of summertime’s watermelon season. What’s surprising is just how easy it is to create a Sutter Home Sangria punch bowl out of fresh, fruitful “icebox watermelons.”
For those who may not know what an “icebox watermelon” is — it’s simply a mini watermelon, which is what we recommend using for making these homemade Sutter Home Sangria wine cocktails for family and friends. Their smaller size makes them the perfect pick for serving personal Sutter Home Sangria Watermelon Punch Bowls to all your guests. Trust us when we say they’ll all be doing the happy dance.
What You’ll Need to Make Sutter Home Sangria Watermelon Punch Bowls.
- At least one “icebox watermelon” per person, although one is actually big enough for a couple to sip together.
- Pick up an array of fresh fruit to add to your Sutter Home Sangria Punch. We like oranges, pineapples, lemons, limes, raspberries, or strawberries, and of course you can use the watermelon you’ll be scooping out.
- Fun colorful straws. Figure one or two per mini watermelon.
- Tiki cocktail umbrellas. Figure one or two per mini watermelon.
- Crushed ice works best.
Preparing Sutter Home Sangria Mini Watermelon Punch Bowls.
- Cut about ¼ inch off one side of the watermelon so that it can sit on the countertop.
- Cut a few inches off the other side of the watermelon, the side you’ll drink out of — or if your “icebox watermelons” are slightly bigger, simply cut them in half and use both sides.
- Use a melon baller to remove watermelon fruit from inside.
- Add crushed ice.
- Add fresh cut pieces of your chosen fruits.
- Add Sutter Home Sangria.
- Drop in one or two straws and tiki-style cocktail umbrellas.
Ta-dah! You’ve got a Sutter Home Sangria Punch party in the palm of your hand.