As part of our #SweetOnSpice recipe series, we’re teaming up with a few of our favorite foodie bloggers to share delicious ways to pair sweet wines with spicy foods.
This month’s spicy-hot recipe features a deliciously filling and satisfying Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta, a mouth-watering dish that pairs effortlessly with our refreshing, medium-sweet Sutter Home White Zinfandel. Serve up this lively combination for the perfect balance of sweet and spice.
- 8 oz penne pasta, cooked according to package instructions
- 2 TBSPs extra virgin olive oil
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded thin
- 1 1/2 TBSPs Cajun seasoning, divided
- 2 TBSPs unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 TBSP all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups half and half
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan, plus more for topping
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 diced tomato
- fresh parsley, chopped
How to Make:
- While the pasta is cooking, heat the extra virgin olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Season the chicken on both sides with 1 TBSP Cajun seasoning. Add to the skillet. Cook for about three minutes on each side or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- Remove the chicken from the skillet, clean it, and return it to the medium heat.
- Melt the butter, add the garlic and sautée for about 30 seconds. Whisk in the flour and cook it for another 30 seconds. Very slowly add the half and half, initially about a tablespoon at a time, so the sauce thickens. Add more quickly after you have added about half a cup.
- Stir in the parmesan cheese and allow it melt completely. Add the remaining 1/2 TBSP Cajun seasoning and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the penne to the sauce, top with tomatoes, parsley, parmesan cheese, and the sliced cooked chicken.
- Enjoy immediately!
Craving more #SweetOnSpice? Check out this recipe and wine pairing for Sutter Home Moscato and Spicy Thai Grilled Chicken Salad: http://bit.ly/2eNlPnJ.