Warm Your Spirit with Our Sutter Home Cabernet Chai Citrus Hot Toddy
Prep Time | 10 minutes
Servings: 1 cup
Wine Varietal: Cabernet Sauvignon
Why Chai? Chai is a wonderful—and wonderfully good for you—blend of tea, herbs, and spices. Chai has been cherished for centuries in India to preserve one’s well-balanced self and increase peace of mind.
It’s hard to believe that it tastes amazing as well. Each sip starts off sweet and quickly turns to a hint of mild spiciness, creating a one-of-a-kind taste sensation.
Why a warm Sutter Home Cabernet Chai Citrus Hot Toddy? Because it warms your heart and your spirit from your toes to your nose and tastes simply irresistible. The hints of vanilla in the wine combine with the chai for a surprising swirl of satisfying flavor.
Come in from the cold with this bold cocktail that’s as delicious as it is good for the soul.
A warm and cozy chai spiced citrus cocktail! Almond milk steeped chai tea with Cabernet Sauvignon and freshly squeezed orange juice. Delicious!
- 8 oz sweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 1/2 tsps loose leaf chai tea (or 1 tea bag)
- 1 oz Sutter Home Cabernet Sauvignon
- 1 oz fresh squeezed orange juice
- slice of orange and cinnamon stick for garnish (optional), orange, and cinnamon stick for garnish (optional)
- Heat almond milk in a small saucepan until just beginning to bubble. Do not boil.
- Remove from heat and stir in tea. Let steep for 2-3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, pour Sutter Home Cabernet Sauvignon and orange juice into a mug.
- When tea is steeped, strain over a fine mesh strainer or remove tea bag.
- Pour chai over Cabernet and orange juice.
- Stir well and top with a tiny dash of cinnamon.
- Garnish with an orange slice and a cinnamon stick. Enjoy!
*Do not steep for any longer than 3 minutes, as your tea can easily become bitter if steeped too long.
Here’s another great wintery cocktail: Snowy White Cocktail