Sutter Home Zinfandel Presents, the “Skinny Zinny” Cocktail. Happy Resolutions!
Prep Time | 5 minutes
Wine Varietal: Zinfandel
The holidays are over, our waistlines are slightly bigger, and we’re ready to really, really try to keep our New Year’s resolutions this year—without giving up on everything that we love. What’s the magic word? You know you know it—we all do. Moderation.
Since all of us at Sutter Home feel you—since we, too, have made resolutions we want to keep—we’ve come up with a pretty nifty cocktail.
One that’s simply delicious to taste, and kinder to our waistlines. We’ve named it the Sutter Home Skinny Zinny Cocktail. As you can, imagine it’s made with our Zinfandel, and by chance you didn’t know this, we created America’s original White Zinfandel in 1972. So we know exactly how it’s made and what goes into it, and one thing is certain: it’s de-lightfully sweet and refreshing, and pairs great with lighter foods like salads and fish. Our Sutter Home Skinny Zinny Cocktail recipe has such an inviting taste that pairs nicely with meals that fit our New Year’s resolutions.
Recipe for the “Skinny Zinny” Cocktail
- 3-4 Grapefruits
- 1/2 Cup Freshly Squeezed Grapefruit Juice
- 1/3 Cup Soda Water
- ¾ Cup Sutter Home Zinfandel
- 1 Sliced Fresh Jalapeno
- Grapefruit Slices and Jalapeno Slices for Garnish
- Fill two glasses with ice.
- Squeeze grapefruits, leaving half a grapefruit for garnish.
- Add grapefruit juice, Zinfandel and soda water to glasses; combine and stir.
- Garnish with fresh jalapeno and fresh grapefruit wedges.
If you’re a Sutter Home Zinfandel fan, you’ll also be delighted by this refreshing cocktail: Garden in a Glass White Zin Cocktail