Sutter Home Wine Merlot and Pear Sorbet Pour Over
Wine Varietal: Merlot
- 5 pears, peeled and sliced
- ¾ cup white grape juice
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 4 tsp lemon juice
- Coarse salt
- Sutter Home Merlot for pour over
- Pear slice for garnish
- In a small saucepan, combine all ingredients (except wine) and bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 8-9 minutes then cool.
- Pour mixture into a blender and blend for 1-2 minutes or until smooth. Pour into freezable container, cover, and freeze for about 4 hours or until firm.
- Once frozen, take out of freezer and let soften for a few minutes.
- Scoop sorbet into glass and pour over with Sutter Home Merlot, garnish with pear slice and straw.