Musubi Seared ŇHawaiian SteakÓ Lettuce Wrap
- – 4 cans pressed meat product Đ pork Đ macadamia flavored
- – 2 Cups cooked jasmine rice (flavored with Sutter Home chenin blanc wine)
- – 6 sheets sushi nori Đ cut into julienned strips
- – 1 Cup toasted, chopped macadamia nuts
- – 2 Cups dried cherries
- – 4 heads of hydro bibb lettuce
- – 1/2 Cup soy sauce
- – 1/2 Cup oyster sauce
- – 1 Cup sugar
- – 1 Cup olive oil
- 1. In a small mixing bowl mix together your soy sauce, oyster sauce, and sugar. Mix until the sugar has dissolved and stored covered in the refrigerator until needed. Ensure the mixture remains under 41 degrees F. at all times.
- 2. Slice your pressed meat product into 18 uniformly square portions.
- 3. Lightly brush each piece of ŇporkÓ with olive oil and place them on a charcoal grill on high heat for 2 minutes and then rotate them 90 degrees.
- 4. Grill for another 2 minutes then flip the pork
- 5. Grill for two minutes and then rotate them 90 degrees.
- 6. After two minutes take a temperature reading. The pork needs to reach 165 degrees and when they do remove them from the grill.
- 7. Let the pork rest for two minutes.
- 8. While the pork is resting, take your hydro Bibb lettuce and break off 18 leaves that will be used as the lettuce Cups.
- 9. Fill each Cup with 1 Ounces of the cooked jasmine rice.
- 10. Lightly brush each piece of pork with the oyster & soy sauce mixture and place it on top of the rice.
- 11. Top the pork with 1 tablespoon of dried nori, 1 tablespoon of chopped macadamia nuts, and 1 tablespoon of dried cherries.
- 12. Roll up each lettuce wrap and enjoy with friends, family, and loved ones.