Enjoy a Taste of the Sea With Our Smoked Salmon Spread & Sutter Home Chardonnay
Prep Time | 15 minutes
Servings: 6-8 Servings
Wine Varietal: Chardonnay
Take your palate on a tour of America’s coldest state with this Alaskan-inspired appetizer, Smoked Salmon Spread. It’s tasty and a bit unexpected, making it an exciting way to start any meal. The horseradish and hot sauce give it a little kick, while the lemon brightens the flavor of the fish. Delight yourself and your guests with a wonderful appetizer that tastes great on toasted sourdough bread or crackers.
Whether celebrating a win for your favorite team, or simply surrounding yourself with those you love, this is one snack that will never feel like a fish out of water. Add in the floral and fresh fruit notes of Sutter Home Chardonnay for a party of pairing flavors that are delightfully delicious.
Smoked Salmon Spread Ingredients:
- 1 (8 ounce) Package Cream Cheese, Softened
- 1/4 Cup Sour Cream
- 1/4 Cup Plain Greek Yogurt
- 2 Teaspoons Cream-style Horseradish
- 2 Tablespoons Chopped Fresh Dill, Plus Additional for Garnish
- 2 Tablespoons Chopped Fresh Chives
- 1/2 Lemon, Juiced
- 4 Ounces Smoked Salmon, Chopped
Smoked Salmon Spread Directions:
- In the bowl of a food processor, pulse together 2 ounces of salmon and all the ingredients until smooth. Process briefly until you’ve reached the desired consistency.
- Fold in the remaining 2 ounces of salmon with a spoon.
- Transfer mixture to a serving bowl and garnish with additional fresh dill. Serve with sliced baguette, crackers, bagel chips, or chopped vegetables, or spread it on toasted bagels.
To give your guests even more to smile about, check out this crowd-pleasing dessert: Homemade Chocolate Crackle Cookies