Cheesy Sausage Dip
Wine Varietal: Merlot
- 1/2 lb. hot or regular sausage, casing removed
- 16 oz. queso quesadilla cheese
- 1/2 c. shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) Ro-tel tomato
- 1 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- salt and pepper to taste
- tortilla chips
- Start by browning the sausage in a medium skillet over medium heat. Use a wooden spatula to crumble and turn the sausage as it cooks.
- Add all dip ingredients — cooked sausage, all cheeses, can of tomato, spices, and black beans into the slow cooker.
- Cook on high for 2-3 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Sprinkle with some chopped cilantro and enjoy.