Almost Spring Salad with Sutter Home Basil Chardonnay Dressing
Wine Varietal: Chardonnay
- 1 bunch asparagus, tender parts, chopped into 1-inch pieces
- A few handfuls of mixed salad greens
- 3 radishes, thinly sliced
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ½ avocado, pitted and diced
- ¼ cup sliced, toasted almonds
- ½ cup roasted chickpeas
- Fresh herbs, optional for garnish (basil, mint and/or chives)
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- ½ cup Sutter Home Chardonnay
- 1 cup fresh basil
- 1 small garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, plus ½ teaspoon zest
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil, more as desired
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and set a bowl of ice water nearby. Blanch the asparagus for about 1 minute, until tender but still bright green. Transfer to the ice water for 1 minute, then drain. Allow the asparagus to dry, then add back to the bowl.
- Make the dressing: In a food processor, pulse together Sutter Home Chardonnay, herbs, garlic, lemon juice, zest, vinegar, olive oil, and salt.
- Add half of the dressing to the bowl with the asparagus and toss to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Assemble the salad. Arrange the salad greens on a platter, then layer the asparagus mixture, the radishes, feta, avocado, almonds, chickpeas, and herbs. Drizzle with remaining dressing, season to taste with more salt and pepper, and serve.