Our Rosemary Acorn Squash Recipe Is the Perfect Way to Start Your Fall
Nothing says “Fall is here” quite like a beautiful squash. The warm and creamy flavors will have you pulling out your favorite sweaters and scarves to welcome the changing seasons. Our Rosemary and Apple Sausage Acorn Squash recipe blends the best parts of fall together into one amazing dish. Pair it with our Sutter Home Riesling to complete this flavor-filled dish.
Ingredients (serves 4):
- 4 Acorn squash
- 1 lb Ground sausage
- 1 Apple
- 1 tbsp Rosemary
- 2 Cloves of Garlic
- Mozzarella cheese
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Remove the seeds from the acorn squash and place the 4 acorn squash halves open-side down on the baking sheet and roast in the oven for about 20-30 minutes.
- Set aside after removing from oven.
- In a medium skillet, heat the apples, rosemary, and garlic over low heat. Sprinkle with a bit of salt and cook over low heat, stirring every few minutes. Once they have been cooking for about 15 minutes and are deep golden brown, remove from heat and set aside.
- Then heat a large saucepan over medium heat and add the ground sausage. Add the garlic and cook until just tender. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook the sausage for about 5-10 minutes and stir to break up lumps.
- Add the apples, rosemary, and garlic to the sausage mixture, leaving excess cooking fat in the pan.
- Preheat your broiler, then fill all 4 halves of the squash with the sausage mixture.
- Arrange the squash on the baking sheet, stuffing side up. Add mozzarella cheese to the tops and put under the broiler for 5-10 minutes until the tops get nice and golden brown.
- Once cooked, remove from oven.
- Serve and enjoy!
Saying hello to fall never tasted so good.
Here’s another great Sutter Home recipe to try.