Mini Pineapple Upside Down Cakes
This delectable dessert from Cyd Converse is for Mini Pineapple Upside Down Cakes. End your party the way it started, with big smiles beaming.
- 2 cans pineapple slices
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 18 maraschino cherries with stems
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- Caramel sauce
- Drain pineapple and reserve juice.
- Liberally spray a jumbo muffin tin with nonstick baking spray and preheat oven to 350º.
- Melt butter and mix in the brown sugar until well combined.
- Spoon a bit of sugar mixture into the bottom of each muffin tin cup and then press a pineapple down into the sugar mixture.
- Prepare cake mix per the package instructions, subbing out the required milk/water for the reserved pineapple juice.
- Fill each muffin tin cup 3/4 of the way full with cake batter, then bake for 20 – 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, allow to cool slightly for 5 minutes, then transfer to a baking rack.
- Top each mini cake with a maraschino cherry then drizzle with caramel sauce before serving.