Mini Cheeseburger Skewers
Cyd and her mother are quite the Dynamic Duo! Cyd’s recipe for Mini Cheeseburger Skewers is inspired by her mom’s love of easy-to-prepare party appetizers that are at once traditional fare, but with a uniquely yummy spin. Make plenty of these Mini Cheeseburger Skewers since everyone has a ball eating them, especially when paired with Sutter Home, which everyone knows makes any kind of burger taste better. These mini cheeseburgers are an easy-to-make, delicious-to-eat appetizer great for holidays, game day, or simply sharing a taste of good life, every day. Get the recipe.
CHEESEBURGER MEATBALL SKEWERS
For the Meatballs –
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons steak seasoning
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 4 slices American cheese, cut into quarters
- Mix together panko breadcrumbs and milk and allow to sit until breadcrumbs are softened.
- Add all the remaining ingredients to a large mixing bowl, then add in the panko mixture and mix until well combined.
- Form into 12 – 16 meatballs and bake, spaced 2” apart, on a parchment-lined baking sheet at 400 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the meatballs are no longer pink on the inside but still juicy.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven, place a square of cheese on top of each meatball, and bake for an additional 1 – 3 minutes, or until the cheese is slightly melted.
For the Skewers –
- 12 – 16 grape tomatoes
- 12 – 16 pickle slices
- 4 large romaine lettuce leafs, cut into quarters
- mustard and ketchup for serving
- Assemble skewers by placing one tomato on a large appetizer skewer.
- Fold up a piece of lettuce and add it to the skewer, followed by a pickle slice.
- Add a cheeseburger meatball to the skewer and serve with mustard and ketchup on the side for dipping.