Lamb Sliders with Red Pepper Jam & Feta. Nothing little about their big taste.
When it comes to good old-fashioned American backyard grilling, the first thing most of us think of is all-you-can-eat hamburgers and hotdogs, and sharing good times with family and the best of friends. Like everyone else, we love all that. Yet, this summer a funny thing happened when our very own Chef Carol was considering which recipe to share with you for this month’s Sutter Home Kitchen Series.
Instead of bringing you a more traditional summertime grilling recipe, Chef Carol decided to share with you one of her close-to-he-heart recipes, which you can easily grill up for favorite guests at your next gathering. These uniquely delicious little Lamb Sliders with Red Pepper Jam & Feta deliver big, zippy flavor.
As far as which wine from Sutter Home you can count on to perfectly complement this scrumptious recipe, we recommend one of our refreshing summer sippers, White Zinfandel.
- ¾ pound ground lamb
- ¼ pound ground pork
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ T fennel seed
- ½ tsp fresh rosemary, minced
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp mint leaves, minced
- ¼ cup bread crumbs
- 1 T milk
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well with your hands to incorporate.
- Form 6 small patties about 3 ¼ ounces each.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat and sauté about 4-5 minutes per side for medium-rare sliders.
- Serve topped with red pepper jam and a sprinkle of feta cheese.
Red Pepper Jam:
- 2 red bell peppers finely chopped
- 3 large tomatoes blanched, peeled, and finely chopped
- 5 cloves minced garlic
- 1 cup sherry vinegar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup yellow onion finely chopped
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/8 tsp each of salt and pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a small pot and simmer on low heat until jam is thick, about 45 minutes.
- Let cool to room temperature.