Our Homemade Sutter Home Wine Float Comes Home for the Holidays
Do you remember where and when you had your first deliriously delicious root beer float? Well, one thing’s certain, you’ll remember having your first Sutter Home Wine Float. This sweet and creamy delight is made with two scoops of vanilla ice cream, root beer and Sutter Home Cabernet Sauvignon, transforming this classic summer treat into an inviting adult beverage that’s anything but classic, and tastefully rewarding any time of year.
Just one sip and you’ll want to share it. Since our Cabernet’s tasting notes are invitingly rich in cherry flavors and toasty vanilla touches, the wine and ice-cream make the perfect duet for your palate. Once the ice cream is added, it floats to the top, creating a most welcoming wine cocktail, that’s also magical all year holiday long.
Recipe for the Sutter Home Wine Cocktail Float: (serves 2):
- 6oz Sutter Home Pinot Noir
- 6oz Root Beer (or to taste)
- 2 or 4 scoops of vanilla ice cream
How to Make the Sutter Home Wine Cocktail Float:
- In a glass, add the Pinot Noir and root beer.
- Add in 2 or 4 scoops of vanilla ice cream based on your preference.
- Lightly stir, but don’t completely blend.
- Add a straw and/or spoon and enjoy!