Happy HoliDIYs: Cork Tree Ornaments
If you’ve been saving your Sutter Home wine corks, we’ve got a simple and festive craft to ring in the season. Take those extra wine corks and turn them into a cute ornament to add to your tree or top off a larger gift.
Plus, after you’re done making these, you’ll have to get to work restocking those corks. So it’s really a perfect win-win for the holidays!
- Heat up the glue gun and gather all of your materials.
- Glue corks together in a 4-3-2-1 pattern with the circular ends facing out to form the shape of the tree.
- Once the glue between the corks has set, you can begin to add whatever embellishments you want to the tree, using the hot glue again to secure them to the corks. Wrap the tree with ribbon, or use sequins and buttons to represent lights and garland. Be as creative as you want!
- For the trunk, glue one cork upright to the center of the base.
- Finally, glue a loop of ribbon to the back of the tree’s top cork and let dry.