Chocolate Cookies & Cream Ice Cream
No store-bought ice cream brand can bring you the same satisfaction as making it yourself.
Sure, it may take a little more effort, but the reward for you, and your guests, will be so rich and delicious and ice-screamingly cookie good, everyone will want to lick the bottom of their bowls. In fact, we could have named it the “lick the bottom of your bowl ice cream.”
- One 14-ounce can of coconut milk
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 10 chocolate cookies, crushed
How to prepare:
- Combine the coconut milk, sugar, and cocoa powder in a blender and blend for 20 seconds.
- Pour the coconut milk into the bowl of an ice cream maker and churn according to the manufacturer’s directions.
- In the last 5 minutes of churning, add the crushed chocolate cookies.
- Transfer the ice cream to a plastic container.
- Cover and store in the freezer until ready to eat. Makes 1 pint.
Find the recipe for Chocolate Cookies & Cream Dairy-Free “Ice Cream” and more in Savory Sweet Life by Alice Currah.
Savory Sweet Life book page: https://www.harpercollins.com/9780062064059/savory-sweet-life
A tip from Alice Currah and Savory Sweet Life: “For mocha cookies ’n’ cream ice cream, add a shot of cooled brewed espresso to the liquid mixture before churning it.” Serve your book club two kinds of treats with one recipe!