Build a Better Burger Tips: Top-Notch Toppings
A crucial step in building a better burger is knowing just how to top it all off with the right finishing touches. Whether your choice of toppings are mild or wild, classic or crazy, we’ve got some tips to take your burger add-ons to the next level.
- Place lettuce underneath your burger to keep the bottom bun from getting soggy
- With this in mind, place crispy toppings like onion rings or strings on top of the burger to retain their crunch
- If you’re melting cheese on your burgers but also serving guests, keep the top bun on the side to make it easier for people to add condiments and toppings of their choice
- Experiment with flavors and textures when exploring burger toppings. A runny fried egg can add a whole new experience. Creamy spreadable cheeses can act as a rich alternative to traditional cheese slices. Savory jams or chutneys can play the role of both sauce and veggies.
- Add another meat! Bacon is a wonderful burger add-on, of course, but look to other meats like pulled pork or spicy chorizo to make it a real meat-lovers affair
- Toppings don’t have to stay on the outside. Stuff patties prior to grilling with a mixture of toppings, like blue cheese with sauteed mushrooms.