Black Friday Survival Guide
How to Survive Black Friday in 5 Easy Steps
Navigating the shopping madness that is Black Friday can be a daunting endeavor that requires some serious survival tactics. Big-box sales, crazed consumers and out-of-control crowds can test even the most die-hard shoppers. If you dare to brave the masses, come prepared to this retail ritual with our five tips for battling through Black Friday.
- Fuel up. You might still be full from Thanksgiving dinner, but a hearty breakfast and a cup of coffee can kick start your spending spree and keep you energized all morning long.
- Map out your plan of action. Research the major sales you want to hit, then work each store into a time-efficient route.
- Bring a cross-body handbag. No one wants to be bogged down by a hefty tote—you’ve got merchandise to carry! A cross-body keeps hands free for grabbing goods.
- Be aware of your surroundings. Large crowds can create dangerous scenarios, from shoving to stealing. Keep alert to avoid any catastrophes.
- Recoup with a glass of Sutter Home Pinot Noir. After a stressful day of shopping, bask in the glory of your bargains with a comforting glass of this fresh, fruit-forward varietal.