Sutter Home Salutes Our Troops
On March 4, march forth and celebrate National Hug a GI Day.
While we strive to honor our troops year-round, this observance is a reminder to show the men and women of our military a little extra love, gratitude, and appreciation for their dedication to serving our country. Across branches, overseas, and on U.S. bases, our service members and their families make sacrifices big and small for our freedom. Hugging a GI in your life is a simple, heartfelt way to remind them how much you care.
– Give your friend or family member in the military a big, hearty bear hug to thank them for their service.
– If your GI is overseas, give them a “virtual” hug via text, video call, or even old-fashioned snail mail.
– During deployments, the comforts of home are few and far between. Send a care package full of snacks, magazines, and other goodies they love.
– Did you know you can volunteer for veterans? There are many opportunities to give back to those that gave so much for our country.
– Make a monetary donation to support welfare services, family activities, and other military support programs.