Sutter Home Kitchen Series: Honey Granola
Tags: recipe, Sutter Home Kitchen Series
Everyone’s sweet on Honey Granola: Great tasting good for you grains.
Our Honey Granola recipe has such a yummy sweet and crunchy taste, and is made up of such a wonderful mixture of great tasting grains it’s easy to forget how honest-to-goodness good for you it actually is. Pour it in a bowl with fresh fruit and milk for a delicious and nutritious breakfast, or munch it by the handful, at work, at the gym, at school, or while watching TV. There’s no place you can’t snack on this handy Honey Granola recipe. However, be prepared to share because our Honey Granola has such a delightful and delicious big crunch — everyone will want some.
Honey Granola ingredients:
- 2 Cups oats
- 1 Cup pecans
- 1 Cup almonds (sliced)
- 1/4 Cup olive oil
- 1/3 Cup honey
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 Cup dried apricots (diced)
- 1 Cup dried cranberries
How to prepare:
- Mix nuts and oats in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl mix olive oil, honey, salt and vanilla.
- Heat for 35 seconds in the microwave.
- Pour mixture over top of oats and nuts.
- Mix well with wooden spoon.
- Toast for 20 minutes at 325°.
- After 10 minutes, turn oat mixture over.
- While granola is cooking, dice dried apricots.
- Pour hot oat and nut mixture over dried fruits and mix.
Makes 24 cup servings.