Spring Comes Alive in Your Home With Our DIY Easter Tablescapes
Spring is not only a time of renewal for flowers and people, it’s when the whole world is reborn. It’s when Easter bonnets, painted eggs, and flowers in pretty spring colors show up overnight in store windows. It’s when we start hearing the sounds of children laughing and playing in the park and of birds singing and chirping in the trees. It’s when we come out of the cover of winter and once again embrace the great outdoors.
Easter is one of our most cherished holidays that kick off spring, and it’s the reason why so many of us invite the people we care about most into our homes to celebrate. Why not bring the beauty that’s blooming outside into our own homes by decorating them with the pastel, eye-catching colors that spring and Easter bring us? A bottle of Sutter Home Chardonnay will tie these decorations together, completing the designs. By doing so, we not only make our families and selves happy, we make our guests feel especially welcome as well.
What You’ll Need to Create Your Easter & Springtime Tablescape:
- Eggs (real or plastic)
- Egg Dye (your choice of color)
- Sharpie (your choice of color)
- Miniature Nests
- Crafting Moss and/or Flowers
- Hot Glue Gun
How to Create Your Easter & Springtime Tablescape:
- Clean eggs, then dye eggs to your desired color.
- Make sure the eggs’ surfaces are completely smooth and dry.
- Write a name on each egg. Then, either outline the name on the egg with a pencil and go over it with a Sharpie, or simply write it with a Sharpie of your desired color. You may have to do more than one coat and go over the lettering a couple of times.
- Let the name dry completely, then attach little pieces of the moss and flowers into your nest with some hot glue, into which you will then place your egg.
For a dessert that also adds lovely floral colors to your tablescape, check out this recipe: Homemade Berry Cake