Share Seasons Sweetings with our Oatmeal Holiday Cookies
Home is the perfect place to spend the holiday season, and the kitchen is at the heart. Filled with delightful aromas and wrapped in warmth, it’s the perfect gathering place for friends and family who have traveled from near and far.
This year, we’re baking up a sweet batch of love to share. Whether you’re hosting a simple cookie swap, packaging to-go goodies for holiday guests, or stocking up on home-baked confectionary treats, this walnut cranberry oatmeal cookie recipe is perfect for your spread. Pour a glass of Sutter Home Moscato or White Merlot for a wine pairing you’ll love.
Walnut Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies
•2 sticks butter, softened
•1 cup white sugar
•1 cup brown sugar
•1 tsp. vanilla extract
•1 cup flour
•½ cup wheat germ
•1 tsp. baking powder
•½ tsp. cinnamon
•½ tsp. salt
•¾ cup dried cranberries
•¾ cup walnut pieces
•3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
How to make:
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine flour, wheat germ, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, and oats into a bowl.
3. In a separate bowl, cream together the butter and the sugars until light and fluffy. Blend in the eggs one at a time followed by the vanilla extract.
4. Add the flour mixture to the butter/egg mixture and combine. Next, mix in the dried fruit and walnuts.
5. Using a teaspoon, drop cookie dough onto prepared baking sheet.
6. Bake approximately 8-10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack and enjoy!
If you like this, then try our Sutter Home Red Wine Raspberry Jam cookie recipe.