Try Your Luck With this St. Patrick’s Pinch of Green Cocktail
Prep Time | 5 Minutes
Servings: 2 Servings
Wine Varietal: Sauvignon Blanc
Tags: cocktail, signature cocktail, cucumber, homemade, honey, Pinch of Green, lime juice, basil, cocktail recipes, st. patrick's day, sauvignon blanc
The color green has come to represent St. Patrick’s Day for many reasons. As one of the colors in Ireland’s tricolor flag, green was used by several Irish revolutionary groups throughout history. The radiant jewel tone also represents the country’s lush green landscape, thus inspiring its moniker, “Emerald Isle.” In addition, the color has ties to spring and everyone’s favorite symbol of luck: the shamrock or four-leaf clover. And finally, it’s said that if you don’t wear something green on St. Patrick’s Day, you just might get pinched by a leprechaun.
Try your luck this St. Patrick’s Day with our Sutter Home Sauvignon Blanc Pinch of Green Cocktail.
- 8 ounces Sutter Home Sauvignon Blanc
- 3-inch length of cucumber, chilled and coarsely chopped (about ½ cup), plus some extra slices for garnish
- 3-4 fresh basil leaves, plus more for garnish
- 2 ounces fresh lime juice
- 2 ounces honey
- 6 ounces sparking water, or more to taste
- In a blender, add Sutter Home Sauvignon Blanc, chopped cucumber, basil, lime juice, and honey. Blend until smooth, then distribute evenly between two glasses.
- Top with sparkling water. Drop in a few ice cubes, stir, and garnish with cucumber slices, lime slices, and/or basil, as desired.