The Spring Pair With Flair: New Sutter Home Rosé and Our Green Pea Soup Recipe
Prep Time | 3 Hours
Servings: 8 Servings
Wine Varietal: Rosé
The happy, bright-green color reminds us that spring has indeed arrived. The fresh green peas, chopped broccoli, celery, and onion all come together to create delicious harmony. Just a hint of garlic and chives adds flavorful accents to this delectable opening act to the main course — or it’s great as an any-day afternoon snack.
You’ll enjoy the taste of the good life in every loving spoonful of this classic Green Pea Soup recipe. For some extra flair, pair it with the floral, fruity, and refreshingly crisp taste of our new Sutter Home Rosé.
Green Pea Soup Ingredients:
- 2¼ cups green peas, shelled and rinsed
- 1¼ cups broccoli, rinsed and chopped
- 8 cups water or chicken stock
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 medium celery stalks, finely chopped
- ¼ teaspoon salt and pepper, or to taste
- Optional: 1 ham bone or 2-pound shanks
Green Pea Soup Directions:
- Heat peas and water to boiling in a 4-quart Dutch oven. Boil uncovered for 2 minutes; remove from heat. Cover and let stand 1 hour.
- Stir in onion, broccoli, celery, salt, and pepper.* Add ham bone (optional). Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer about 1.5 hours or until the peas are tender.
- Remove ham bone; remove ham from bone. Trim excess fat from ham; cut ham into ½-inch pieces.
- Stir ham into soup. Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer about 30 minutes until soup reaches desired consistency.
*Optional: Blend soup mixture to desired consistency.
If you love this traditional soup, try this classic recipe for Roasted Tomato Soup: We’re Thankful for the Comfort of this Roasted Tomato Soup Recipe